Eggplant! One of my favorite vegetables, so versatile, meaty and can take on just about any role you need it to (fries, pasta, meat…). One of my favorite ways of making it, is just plain roasted with a little oil, kosher salt/pepp, and that’s it. I typically roast at high heat, usually around 425 degrees, and it tends to brown quicker.
I used to cube it and roast it, but had minimal success. Now, I just slice it real thin, and decide what I’m going to do with it after it’s done. Slicing thin seems to be so much more consistent for me than other methods:Fun Eggplant Ideas:
- It keeps really well, so consider chilling it, and serving it at a party with roasted red peppers and fresh mozzarella
- Make lasagna, using the thin sliced and roasted eggplant as your pasta
- Layer it in a baking dish with fresh herbs and vegetables and roast altogether
- Bake it with a little organic or homemade marinara with some chicken
- Cut it and toss it in an egg scramble or omelet with garlic and Mediterranean veggies
- Heck, cook some bacon and make eggplant bacon wraps (this wouldn’t be a proper post without the mention of bacon)
- Or, just eat it plain!!