Saturday, I was craving a salad (that’s a thing), so I got my lettuce out, put it in a bowl and thought I saw something funny. Although the lettuce appeared just fine, it had a light gray mold on it. I tossed it, and was sad.
Then I was inspired to still make a cold salad with vegetables on hand. What I ended up with was fabulous, and, incredibly easy. I’m always looking for veggie change-ups.
Chilled Cauliflower Salad
- 1 head or medium bag of frozen cauliflower, steamed
- 1/2 can of fresh cured green olives
- 1/2 cup loosely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 diced orange bell pepper
- 1/4 cup garlic feta cheese (totally optional, had some that needed to be used, but otherwise wouldn’t have added dairy)
- Kosher salt/pepper
- Light dusting of garlic powder
- Drizzle of olive oil