Pomegranate guacamole…not something I would typically think to put together (not sure why…because um hi, sweet and salty stuff) but happened to see an ad fly by in one of the apps on my phone last week, so I decided to investigate. I scanned a few recipes online and decided to make it how I would normally make my guac and add pomegranate arils (which I happened to have on hand, which is rare). I also had about 6-7 avocados that were especially ripe and ready to be mashed. It was surprisingly tasty with a hint of fresh sweetness from the arils – make for Super Bowl Sunday! Or just to eat.
- 7 ripe avocados (probably total about 6 as some were too ripe)
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 1 large jalapeno, only 1/2 deseeded, finely diced
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1 bunch cilantro, loosely cut (I hold directly over bowl and just cut into recipe with kitchen shears, so much easier)
- 3 TBSP minced garlic
- Juice/pulp of 1 large lime
Seems like a lot of raw garlic…trust me! Mash the avocados with the juice of the lime and spices, seasoning to taste. Then mix in the garlic, onion, jalapeno and arils and toss to mix everything together. We had it with chips the night I made it, and this morning I had a side of it for breakfast with eggs! Tonight, I’ll be putting it in some lettuce wraps.
Would never have thought of this but NEED to try immediately!