My Mother, an Inspiration!

We all struggle with our weight. I used to think it was just people within my circle, but it’s everybody; its me, my husband, my friends, my co-workers. It isn’t necessarily related to food either, but can come as a result of different things our bodies go through in life, stress levels, current health status, etc.

The Paleo lifestyle (notice I said lifestyle) has helped me manage my weight on a consistent basis, which only helps me feel better. Learning about food, cooking, ingredients, and new ways of cooking food have been an enjoyment for me, that I want to share with others (because it isn’t as hard as some may think!), hence this blog. It’s truly inspirational and empowering when I receive feedback and questions from readers or followers, that they’re slowly making changes in their life, way of cooking, things they’re eating, education, etc. Knowing that someone else feels so much better as a result of these changes, is amazing.

My mom (my most loyal blog follower 🙂 ) started making lifestyle changes back when I started my blog (unknown to me at the time), she texted me over the weekend to let me know, that she has lost…55 POUNDS! She, like I, understand that it’s a slow progression, that takes time, but the rewards are aplenty. I would like to think that some tips/tricks/recipes that I’ve shared have helped, but really, she’s the inspiration to me!! I am so proud of her and I love that she is taking ownership of her health!!

It is not always easy, but it is worth the effort.

9 thoughts on “My Mother, an Inspiration!

  1. I’ve always said “I will never give up trying to keep the weight off” and I won’t. This is working for me so I’m going to make it MY lifestyle forever. It was the book Wheat Belly that gave me a push in the right direction. Thanks!

  2. She truly is Living Like Linds 🙂 I hope to get my 70 yr old mom on board too. Doctor told her she can eat nuts & seeds (duh!). She asked me to give her a list of fruits & veggies that have fiber….baby steps. Wish us luck!

  3. Congratulations to your mom. That is impressive that she lost that weight. I hope she stays healthy and keeps it off.

    I disagree about the everyone has problems with weight. It is more like 90% have a problem with weight and the other 10% have crazy metabolisms. It doesn’t mean that the 10% with a good metabolism are healthy just because they can eat junk and stay skinny. I am in the 90% that have difficulty staying thin, so I have to put in a ton of effort to be lean. It is good though because it forces me to be healthy and follow paleo.

    • Thanks for your comment Wayne! I completely agree with your point, maybe I should’ve said everyone that I know has problems with weight. I think I’m the 90% that have difficulty staying thin, and I’m also in the 10% that have a crazy metabolism-not in the keep me skinny kind of way though. So for me, it’s a double whammy. Good for you, for putting in the effort to live healthy, it’s challenging!

  4. Not sure why my comment didn’t post but I’ll try again. First, I am really proud of Becky–she never gives up and that inspires me. I also am getting the message loud and clear that I need to read “Wheat Belly”!! Thanks for doing this blog, Linds!!!

Tell me what you think!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s