I stumbled across this recipe a few weeks ago and thought it sounded fabulous (I heart cauliflower): http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/27/pan-roasted-cauliflower-w_n_1058594.html. I saved it for when it got a little cooler outside here in San Diego. I made it this past Friday evening, although I made a few changes to make it more Paleo friendly 🙂
- I used a handful of walnuts instead of pine nuts
- I used organic raw coconut oil (Paleo friendly)
- I used raw, organic honey instead of refined sugar
- I used dried parsley instead of fresh
- I used three garlic cloves, instead of 1
- I used extra pinches of crushed red pepper (awesome extra spice to the dish!)
- I used a 12 inch pan for the pan fry step, and once it was ready to bake, I simply dumped it into a glass pyrex baking dish
- I did not measure anything (I can tell you I used more than what it called for with the nuts, cauliflower, raisins, garlic, and crushed red pepper)
- I did not soften the raisins
- I did not drain, peel or seed the tomatoes, I simply cut cherry tomatoes, in half!
It was a fulfilling roasted vegetable dish (not to mention, gorgeous), that I will make again! My version took probably 1/2 the time compared with the original recipe, and is Paleo friendly!