I was really busy last Saturday and by the time I finally got home from hiking, errands, etc…I was starving. I wanted something fulfilling, meaty, but easy. I looked around, and ended up with an awesome new salad.
Bacon Apple Salad
- Organic baby butter lettuce
- 1 larger sized organic apple (I used Gala)
- White onion
- Cooked uncured bacon (I used TJ’s)
- Raw organic sharp cheddar (Organic Valley, as the cows are pastured)
- Kosher Salt/Pepper (to taste)
- Drizzle olive oil
I cut the apple pieces into cubes, diced the white onion, hand crushed the walnuts (awesome replacement for croutons), cooked and loosely chopped the bacon. I tossed all ingredients in a bowl, and drizzled just a little olive oil on the salad for moisture. Last, I topped it with fresh shredded raw organic sharp cheddar.